Friday, October 1, 2010

Whoopies…YO!



I had Yo create a zip id holder with satin and the trim in the patterned fabric. We think it will be nice to have two different styles. The only problem…..Yo used the wrong side of the fabric! haha He had no idea that one side of satin fabric is shiny and the other in not. Silly Yo.

Today he created a new one, with the right side showing. I'm waiting for Anne's opinion…

The clutches are almost finished! They are looking great---so cute! I'm trying to explain how important consistency is with the products. I know with fair trade products all are handmade and that's what makes each of them so unique. However, I am stressing that they should try and replicate one after the other. For instance, the clutches have the flower. I picked up four of them and they were ALL different. Hardly similar to each other at all. I picked which one I liked the best, asked who made it, and said teach the rest! haha They are coming along though. It will just take time.

Another sample of the robe will be completed by 5pm today. Nong's sister is making a sample for us. She has more experience sewing clothes, therefore has a better understanding of what I'm looking for. Once the craft group sees a perfect sample, they will be able to replicate it. I'm crossing my fingers that it turns out! (please cross yours)



No comments:

Post a Comment